Special order items usually take 1-4 weeks for order fulfillment. We will provide you with a delivery estimate within 1 business day.
Please Note: Once we place this order with the manufacturer, it is not able to be cancelled, returned, or refunded.
Universal Audio Apollo x4 Heritage Edition Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Universal Audio Apollo x4 Heritage Edition Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Elite Audio Conversion, Four Unison Preamps, and LUNA Recording System integration on your Desktop.
Apollo x4 delivers elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, four Unison-enabled preamps, QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing, and full LUNA Recording System integration (Mac) - all in a sleek desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows. Built upon Universal Audio's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo x4 easily outshines everything in its class.
Four Unison Preamps: Get the Sound of Neve, Helios, API, Manley & More
Apollo x4 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more. Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots," and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
Based on Unison's proprietary hardware-software integration, Apollo x4 lets you record at near-zero latency through emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo x4's two front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo desktop interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers designed the Apollo x4’s audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving Apollo x4 a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
LUNA Recording System - Deep Apollo Integration with a Fast, Natural Workflow
Apollo x4 interfaces work with all major DAWs, including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. But they become a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful new recording application for Mac from Universal Audio. Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring,™ LUNA lets you track and mix in an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, full AU support, and access to a suite of exclusive LUNA Instruments and Extensions.
From integrated Studer multitrack tape from Studer and built-in Neve Summing, to instruments from Moog and more, LUNA transforms Apollo interfaces into the most inspiring music creation platform on the planet.
Realtime UAD Processing - a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo x4 reveals a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. With powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core processing onboard, Apollo x4 lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins - at near-zero latency - including authentic titles from Neve, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, Capitol Studios, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo x4 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus" suite of UAD plug-ins - the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs, and more - so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Expanded I/O & Built-in Talkback Mic
In addition to its four Unison-equipped preamps, Apollo x4 offers two independent headphone outs and two Hi-Z instrument inputs - letting you collaborate easily. Plus, with a total of four line outs, optical ADAT/SPDIF input and output, dedicated monitor remote controls, and a built-in Talkback mic, the 12 x 18 Apollo x4 can serve as the powerful centerpiece of your professional desktop studio.
Professional Performance and Scalability
Users of Apollo x4 can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo x4 as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
- Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Produce with LUNA Recording System - a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- 2 Unison-enabled front panel Hi-Z instrument inputs
- 2 independent front panel headphone outputs
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT and S/PDIF
- Optical ADAT/SPDIF output for connecting to additional studio equipment
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included UAD Software
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Apollo Heritage Edition
The new Apollo Heritage Editions deliver a premium software suite of 10 award-winning UAD plug-in titles - including the full Collections from Teletronix,® Fairchild,® Pultec,® Helios,® and UA - conveniently packaged at significant savings.
These are the same UAD plug-ins that built UA’s reputation for analog modeling over the past decade - including vintage compressors, EQs, mic preamps, and reverb - giving you the most accurate library of classic analog emulations anywhere, right out of the box.
- Shape world-class recordings with a curated bundle of top UAD plugins
- Get complete plug-in Collections from Teletronix, Helios, Pultec, and more
- Inject rich analog warmth into your mixes with the world's best hardware emulations
Heritage Edition Includes
- Helios Type 69 Preamp & EQ Collection - The Helios Type 69 Console was the desk employed to record masterpieces by Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, and more. This stunning plugin collection lets you shape your tracks with legendary Type 69 midrange push, and tweak low-end character with uniquely voiced low-frequency boost and cut filters.
- V76 Preamplifier - Based on a classic German tube mic preamp developed more than 70 years ago, the V76 Preamplifier plugin gives you an amazingly rich tone with gentle shaping that's perfect for nearly every source - vocals, acoustic guitars, strings, drums, or bass - and is Unison-enabled for use with Apollo interfaces.
- Oxide Tape Recorder - Easily inject the warm color, punchy low-end response, and cohesion of large format analog tape recording to your tracks with Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in. Simple Input/Output controls, 7.5 and 15 IPS Tape Speed selection, and two emphasis curves let you quickly call up colorful and extremely authentic tape textures.
- Teletronix LA-3A Audio Leveler - A "secret weapon" capable of moving sounds right to the front of your speakers, this solid-state electrooptical compressor lets you easily add energy and harmonics to vocals and acoustic guitars, make snare drums pop out of the mix, and add grit and texture to bass guitar and soft synths.
- Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection - Born in the 1950s, Fairchilds are extremely rare and coveted audio compressors. From the flagship 670, a stereo compressor that injects vibe and color to your stereo bus, to the smaller 660 - perfect for adding power to piano, bass, and guitar - this collection offers the same silky sonics that helped shape records by the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and countless Motown artists.
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection - The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plugin versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums and more.
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection - Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects - especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
- 1176 Classic Limiter Collection - The 1176 is many producers' “desert island\" compressor - adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations, and is widely regarded as the world's most authentic 1176 plugin collection.
- Pure Plate Reverb - Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA's renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection - UA's iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly "classic." The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Apollo x4