Special order items usually take 1-4 weeks for order fulfillment. We will provide you with a delivery estimate within 1 business day.
Please Note: Once we place this order with the manufacturer, it is not able to be cancelled, returned, or refunded.
Universal Audio Apollo x16 Heritage Edition Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Universal Audio Apollo x16 Heritage Edition Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Experience the gold-standard in pro audio recording.
Universal Audio’s Apollo x16 gives professional studios and music producers the same iconic analog tones heard on decades of legendary albums.
With 16 channels of elite-class A/D and D/A conversion - featuring the widest dynamic range of any integrated audio interface on the market - Apollo x16 seamlessly connects to your outboard analog gear or mixing console, giving your studio the perfect centerpiece in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface.
- Get professional sound with the widest dynamic range and lowest noise available
- Mix with powerful HEXA Core processing for running more UAD Powered Plug-Ins with near-zero latency
- Link up to four Apollos for 156 channels of premium I/O and control it from Apollo Twin or x4
- Easily connect to professional studio gear with 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connections, plus switchable +24 dBu headroom settings
Hear Every Detail in your Recordings
Apollo x16’s proven A/D and D/A conversion gives you the same elite-class sound heard on thousands of hit songs and chart-topping albums. Widely praised for its open, natural sonics, Apollo's converters give you the perfect palette to paint your masterpiece.
Add Analog Color in Realtime
Apollo x16 features HEXA Core processing, so you can record in realtime through a pro studio signal chain featuring included plug-ins like the Teletronix LA-2A, UA 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec tube EQs, and more. But only Apollo lets you tap into the entire UAD plug-in library, giving you the proven hit-making sounds of Ocean Way Studios, Capitol Chambers, and over 100 more.*
Easily Connect your Analog Studio
Apollo x16 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Create Professional Immersive Audio Mixes
Use Apollo x16 as your all-in-one monitoring hub for mixing formats up to 9.1.6, and easily create 16-channel immersive audio mixes for Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and others.
Record with a Fast, Natural Workflow using LUNA
Apollo works with all major DAWs, but only LUNA Recording System gives you seamless integration with Apollo, for big analog studio sound - in realtime - using a host of built-in features and optional extensions from API console modeling to genuine Neve summing and integrated Studer tape.
Your New Analog Studio, Expanded
Link up to four Apollos for 156 channels of premium I/O as your studio grows, and control it all from your desktop using Apollo Twin or x4.
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac)
- HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Produce with LUNA Recording System - a fully-integrated recording application for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Immersive monitor controller up to 9.1.6 format
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, and AAX in all major DAWs
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included UAD Software
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Apollo Heritage Edition
The new Apollo Heritage Editions deliver a premium software suite of 10 award-winning UAD plug-in titles - including the full Collections from Teletronix,® Fairchild,® Pultec,® Helios,® and UA - conveniently packaged at significant savings.
These are the same UAD plug-ins that built UA’s reputation for analog modeling over the past decade - including vintage compressors, EQs, mic preamps, and reverb - giving you the most accurate library of classic analog emulations anywhere, right out of the box.
- Shape world-class recordings with a curated bundle of top UAD plugins
- Get complete plug-in Collections from Teletronix, Helios, Pultec, and more
- Inject rich analog warmth into your mixes with the world's best hardware emulations
Heritage Edition Includes
- Helios Type 69 Preamp & EQ Collection - The Helios Type 69 Console was the desk employed to record masterpieces by Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, and more. This stunning plugin collection lets you shape your tracks with legendary Type 69 midrange push, and tweak low-end character with uniquely voiced low-frequency boost and cut filters.
- V76 Preamplifier - Based on a classic German tube mic preamp developed more than 70 years ago, the V76 Preamplifier plugin gives you an amazingly rich tone with gentle shaping that's perfect for nearly every source - vocals, acoustic guitars, strings, drums, or bass - and is Unison-enabled for use with Apollo interfaces.
- Oxide Tape Recorder - Easily inject the warm color, punchy low-end response, and cohesion of large format analog tape recording to your tracks with Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in. Simple Input/Output controls, 7.5 and 15 IPS Tape Speed selection, and two emphasis curves let you quickly call up colorful and extremely authentic tape textures.
- Teletronix LA-3A Audio Leveler - A "secret weapon" capable of moving sounds right to the front of your speakers, this solid-state electrooptical compressor lets you easily add energy and harmonics to vocals and acoustic guitars, make snare drums pop out of the mix, and add grit and texture to bass guitar and soft synths.
- Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection - Born in the 1950s, Fairchilds are extremely rare and coveted audio compressors. From the flagship 670, a stereo compressor that injects vibe and color to your stereo bus, to the smaller 660 - perfect for adding power to piano, bass, and guitar - this collection offers the same silky sonics that helped shape records by the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and countless Motown artists.
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection - The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plugin versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums and more.
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection - Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects - especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
- 1176 Classic Limiter Collection - The 1176 is many producers' “desert island\" compressor - adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations, and is widely regarded as the world's most authentic 1176 plugin collection.
- Pure Plate Reverb - Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA's renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection - UA's iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly "classic." The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.
- Apollo x16
- Power Supply