Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo Heritage Edition Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo Heritage Edition Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The New Apollo Twin. A Next-Generation Desktop Record-Making Machine with LUNA Recording System integration - for Mac and Windows.
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface - delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, Unison™ technology, next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, and full LUNA Recording System integration (Mac).
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings - as heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison™ Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, UA & More
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps - including Neve,® API,® Manley,® and UA - complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender,® Marshall,® Ampeg,® and more.
LUNA Recording System - Deep Apollo Integration with a Fast, Natural Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII interfaces work with all major DAWs, including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. But they become a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful new recording application for Mac from Universal Audio. Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring,™ LUNA lets you track and mix in an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, full AU support, and access to a suite of exclusive LUNA Instruments and Extensions.
From integrated multitrack tape from Studer and built-in Neve Summing, to instruments from Moog and more, LUNA transforms Apollo interfaces into the most inspiring music creation platform on the planet.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing - a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins - at near-zero latency - including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics" suite of UAD plug-ins - the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more - so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Available with UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, and SOLO Core Processing
In addition to the popular UAD-2 SOLO and DUO Core models, Apollo Twin MkII is available in an ultra-powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core model, allowing more plug-in horsepower for running the most complex and convincing analog emulations on the market.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin - with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Professional Performance and Scalability with Console 2
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Produce with LUNA Recording System - a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring the Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, and Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle*
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Apollo Heritage Edition
The new Apollo Heritage Editions deliver a premium software suite of 5 award-winning UAD plug-in titles - including the full Collections from Teletronix,® Fairchild,® Pultec,® Helios,® and UA - conveniently packaged at significant savings.
These are the same UAD plug-ins that built UA’s reputation for analog modeling over the past decade - including vintage compressors, EQs, mic preamps, and reverb - giving you the most accurate library of classic analog emulations anywhere, right out of the box.
- Shape world-class recordings with a curated bundle of top UAD plugins
- Get complete plug-in Collections from Teletronix, Helios, Pultec, and more
- Inject rich analog warmth into your mixes with the world's best hardware emulations
Heritage Edition Includes
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection - The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plugin versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums and more.
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection - Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects - especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
- 1176 Classic Limiter Collection - The 1176 is many producers' “desert island\" compressor - adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations, and is widely regarded as the world's most authentic 1176 plugin collection.
- Pure Plate Reverb - Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA's renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection - UA's iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly "classic." The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Apollo Twin MkII Duo Heritage Edition Thunderbolt Audio Interface