Open Box Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast Black
This is an open box Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast Black Mic Preamp.
This is an open box customer return. This item has minimal wear and comes with all of the original accessories, but the packaging has wear from opening.
The TB12 Tone Beast Black is a fully professional preamp design with loads of gain that can effortlessly capture an array of sources very well. It is a swiss army knife full of options and tones. With top-notch CineMag transformers, multiple discrete signal paths, and user-swappable opamps, it's hard to beat the Tone Beast's big, bold, fully-professional sound at this price.
The Tone Beast Black is a mic pre that likes to be pushed and when pushed will colorize your signal ever so sweetly. The 2 opamps and 2 output transformers at the flip of their switches won't appear to be much different, but as one drives the pre into harmonic distortion, the unique character of each of these components becomes apparent. The Tone Beast Black is customizable and allows users to source and swap in their own opamps. The output control on the TB12 allows you to limit the signal exiting the preamp even when pushing the gain to really hot levels, giving you maximum control.
- 71db of gain
- Transformer selection provides both Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character
- Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of the output transformer from the circuit
- Discrete Opamp selection allows for choosing between a 1731(vintage) and 918(cleaner) style opamp. These are socketed/swappable with your choice of 2520 6 pin footprint opamps
- Impedance switch labeled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete opamps. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4? output jack
- 80hz hipass filter
- Polarity Reverse
- Utilizes premium grade CineMag USA Transformers
- +48V phantom power
- Output attenuation allows for saturation flexibility of both opamps and transformers
- Balanced XLR mic (front and back), balanced TRS line, and Ã‚Â1/4" UNBALANCED instrument inputs
- Balanced XLR and TRS outputs
- -20db Pad
- LED VU Meter
- 19" rackmountable
- Switchable 115/230 volt IEC power inlet.
- Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrolytic for different characters