Open Box SSL SSL 12 12-in/8-out USB-C Audio Interface
This is an open box SSL SSL 12 12-in/8-out USB-C Audio Interface.
This is an open box customer return. The item has minimal wear and comes with all of the original accessories, but the packaging has wear from opening.
We recommend checking with the manufacturer for the latest operating system and hardware compatibility before purchasing this item.
Class-leading performance, in the studio and on the road
The Solid State Logic SSL 12 is the perfect audio interface for producers and engineers who demand uncompromising performance and versatility from a desktop device. SSL 12 is capable of being both a studio centrepiece and a portable production hub to take with you on the road. Four SSL-designed mic pre-amps with uncompromising low-noise and high gain performance, Legacy 4K analogue enhancement for adding that signature SSL colour, class-leading dynamic range from premium-quality converters, comprehensive monitoring section, ADAT expandability, talkback mic, flexible headphone outputs and an intuitive console-style software mixer. SSL 12 just set a new bar for what you can expect from a unit that is entirely USB-powered.
Big studio features, small desktop footprint
SSL 12 is loaded with an extraordinary amount of professional studio features normally reserved for high-end rackmount interfaces. For tracking, the ADAT connectivity, together with the on-board talkback mic and an incredibly powerful cue mixer (that allows you to create up to 4 independent near-zero latency performer mixes) will handle the most demanding of recording sessions. For mixing, alternative monitor switching and assignable front panel control room functions puts everything you need at your fingertips. For production, USB Loopback, MIDI I/O and DC-coupled outputs for CV control of synths and FX equip you with a serious toolkit to keep the creativity flowing. To top it all off, the ever-expanding SSL Production Pack (packed with a selection of must-have virtual instruments, plug-ins, samples and DAWs) helps to bring your productions to life.
SSL Studio Quality and Know-How
For over 50 years, SSL have been designing cutting-edge mixing consoles and hardware processors, as used by the world’s most recognised artists and recording studios. Over that time, their reputation as a world-leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment has centred around a constant pursuit of audio excellence and technical innovation, accomplished through streamlining production workflows and advanced studio ergonomics. SSL 12 takes the ‘traditional’ desktop audio interface where it’s never been before with an incredible array of features in a compact footprint that delivers outstanding audio quality. Featuring the familiar Alps pots, Neutrik connectors and an attractive brushed aluminium front panel, SSL 12 is built to last whether you’re using it in the studio or on location.
Real Analogue Enhancement Inspired By The SSL 4000-Series (4K) Console
SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it be the sound of the classic '242' and '292' EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of the ground-breaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, SSL are always moving forward with analogue. Legacy 4K is an all-analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000-series console (often referred to as ‘4K’). It distils two essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single circuit. The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K circuit will do is to introduce a forward, yet musical sounding high frequency EQ boost, helping to add some excitement to your vocal or instrument. Secondly, it’ll add some subtle analogue distortion with finely tuned harmonic content, helping bolster any sound with more edge and personality.
- 4 x SSL-designed microphone preamps with unrivalled EIN performance and huge gain range for a USB-powered device
- Per-Channel Legacy 4K switches - analogue colour enhancement for any input source, inspired by the 4000-series console
- 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass or vintage instruments
- 2 professional-grade headphone outputs, with switchable modes of operation that cater for high impedance or high sensitivity headphones. Or re-purpose each headphone output as an additional balanced/unbalanced line-level outputs instead
- 32-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA Converters - capture and hear all the detail of your creations
- ADAT IN - expand the input channel count with up to 8 channels of digital audio
- Built In Talkback Mic that can be routed to Headphone A, B and Line 3-4 outputs
- 4 x dedicated balanced outputs and precision Monitor Level, with stunning dynamic range
- Use Outputs 3-4 to connect an alternative monitor set or as additional line-level outputs to connect to studio outboard equipment, with +24 dBu operating levels.
- SSL 12 mixer: Powerful digital mixer hosted in SSL 360° - Quickly create low-latency cue mixes.
- DC-coupled outputs for controlling CV input instruments & FX
- 3 user-assignable front panel switches - assign various monitoring functions and talkback open/close
- MIDI I/O
- SSL Production Pack Software Bundle; includes 3-months free subscription to SSL Complete, plus an exclusive collection of 3rd party DAWs, virtual instruments and plug-ins
- USB bus-powered audio interface for Mac/Windows - power is provided by USB 3.0, audio via the USB 2.0 protocol
SSL 12 Mixer
The cross-platform Mac and Windows SSL 360° application hosts the powerful, yet intuitive console-style SSL 12 Mixer, where you can configure and control every aspect of SSL 12:
- Easily set up multiple near-zero latency headphone mixes
- Configure HP A and HP B outputs for different headphone sensitivities or re-purpose as additional line-level outputs
- Customise the 3 user-assignable front panel buttons
- Choose your Loopback source
- Save/Load SSL 12 Mixer templates
SSL Production Pack
At Solid State Logic we have been helping world-class artists, producers and engineers make great music and audio for decades. It's crucial to have the right tools for the job, so we have partnered with some of the industry's key brands like Ableton, Native Instruments, IK Multimedia, Celemony, AAS and Loopcloud to offer the new SSL production Pack, bundled free with registered SSL 2 and SSL 2+ audio interfaces. Featuring a selection of must-have music production tools, singers, guitarists, bassists, keyboard players and beat makers can let their creativity shine and bring their productions to life with the SSL Production Pack.
The SSL Production Pack includes:
Vocalstrip 2 & Drumstrip
Solid State Logic plug-ins by Solid State Logic. These are the real deal and two of our most popular plug-ins to-date. Comprising of a carefully selected set of processing tools including Compressor, Expander, Transient Shaper, LMC, EQ, De-Esser & De-Ploser and more… Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip are production powerhouses capable of getting the absolute best from your vocals, drums, speech and percussion.
A 6 month free trial of Channel Strip 2, Bus Compressor 2, FlexVerb, X-ValveComp, X-Comp, X-Saturator and X-EQ 2 are also included.
Legendary guitar and bass gear in your DAW. Covering the entire guitar processing signal chain, Amplitube 5 SE by IK Multimedia features a selection of stomps, amps, cabs, speakers, mics, rooms and FX rack all in one interface, with flexible routing options.
Native Instrument: Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start
Produce and perform with over 2000 studio-quality sounds, 16 synths and sample players, plus comprehensive selection of effects, loops and more...never search for inspiration again.
Ableton Live 11 Lite
Ableton Live 11 Lite is a fresh and easy way to write, record, produce your own songs. Whether you want to record guitar and vocals or program drums and bass, Ableton Live Lite has everything your need to start composing and arranging....It's also great for live performance.
AAS Session Bundle
- Ultra Analogue Synth - Few Knobs, big Sounds. Ultra Analog Session is fun to play and packs outstanding analogue sounds, perfect for electronic music.
- Strum Session - Combine an acoustic and an electric guitar in the same package. With chord recognition, chord voicing, strumming and picking action, MIDI riff library, amp and effects, playing guitar on a keyboard has never been so easy.
- Lounge Lizard Session – Authentic classic electric piano tones with outstanding sound quality, action, and feel… the Rhodes to great keys.
Loopcloud Sample Library
We've teamed up with sample masters, Loopcloud to curate a collection of ready-to-roll samples and loops for your creations, organised intuitively by genre and available through the award-winning Loopcloud app.
SSL 12 Specifications
- Computer Connectivity: USB 3.0
- Simultaneous I/O: 12 x 8
- Mic Preamps: 4
- Phantom Power: Yes
- AD / DA Resolution: 32-bit/192 kHz
- Analogue Inputs: 4 x XLR-¼" combo (Mic/Line), 2 x ¼" (Hi-Z)
- Analogue Outputs: 4 x ¼" (Line outs)
- Headphones Outputs: 2 x ¼"
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical (ADAT)
- MIDI I/O: Yes
- USB: 1 x Type USB-C
- Software: SSL Production Pack
- Loopback: Yes
- Talkback Mic: Yes
- Power: USB-Powered
- OS Requirements – Mac: MacOS 10.15 or later
- OS Requirements – Windows: Windows 10, Windows 11
- Height: 58.65 mm
- Width: 286.75 mm
- Depth: 154.94mm
- Weight: 1.4 kg
- Converters: 192 kHz /32-bit
- Mic Amp Gain: 62 dB
- Mic Amp EIN (A-weighted): -130.5 dBu
- Line Inputs Max Level: +24 dBu
- Line Outputs Max Level: +24 dBu
- Instrument Input Max Level: +14 dBu
- Monitor/Line Outputs Dynamic Range: > 120 dB
- Headphones Output Dynamic Range: 112 dB
- SSL 12 USB-C Audio Interface
- USB-C to USB-A Adapter
- USB-C Cable