Special order items usually take 1-4 weeks for order fulfillment. We will provide you with a delivery estimate within 1 business day.
Please Note: Once we place this order with the manufacturer, it is not able to be cancelled, returned, or refunded.
MOTU Stage-B16 USB2/AVB Ethernet Audio Interface
MOTU Stage-B16 USB2/AVB Ethernet Audio Interface
This is a Special Order item which usually take 3-4 weeks for order fulfillment. We will provide you with a delivery estimate in 1 business day. We are an authorized dealer.
Stage-B16 is a flexible stage box, stand-alone mixer and audio interface with studio-quality analog performance up to 192 kHz, powerful DSP for mixing and effects processing, and connectivity to a digital snake, audio network or host computer through AVB Ethernet or class compliant, high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS).
In a sturdy 2-rack space aluminum alloy chassis, Stage-B16 provides 16 front-panel inputs and 12 outputs, including 16 very high-quality mic inputs with individual preamp gain, 8 line-level analog outputs on XLR connectors, 4 channels of AES/EBU digital output and a front-panel headphone jack. All mic inputs also supply individual 48V phantom power and -20 dB pad.
The Stage-B16 is equally well-suited for stage and studio, with or without a computer. Operating as a high-quality stage box, stand-alone mixer or audio interface, Stage-B16 lets you record, monitor, route and process all inputs using the powerful 12-bus on-board digital mixer - with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Create up to 7 stereo monitor mixes, 4 mix groups, plus main and monitor mixes. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Apply Classic Reverb™, gating, 4-band parametric EQ and vintage compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A™ leveling amplifier.
Add additional Stage-B16 units or other MOTU interfaces as your needs grow, connected to a state-of-the-art audio network using a standard AVB Ethernet switch and CAT-5e cabling, with near-zero network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Record and monitor up to 64 audio channels in and out, simultaneously, to a host computer through USB. Route hundreds of audio channels among multiple devices and computers on the network.
Control all DSP-based mixing and effects, device settings, and network audio routing using your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet or smartphone connected wirelessly or locally to the Stage-B16 audio network.
From stage to studio, the Stage-B16 delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
- Three products in one - 1) DSP-equipped stage box with AVB Ethernet "digital snake" connectivity, 2) 12-bus digital mixer with wireless control and 3) universally compatible audio interface for Mac and Windows.
- Studio-quality analog performance up to 192 kHz - For example, the XLR analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range.
- 16 studio-grade mic inputs - Each equipped with individual preamps, 48V phantom power and -20dB pad. Also includes eight analog outs on XLRs, 4 channels of AES/EBU output and phones.
- Precision Digital Trim™ - Digitally controlled analog preamp gain provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments from web app software running on your laptop, tablet or smartphone, with the ability to save gain settings.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects - Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- Web app control - Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from innovative web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smartphone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control - Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Stage-B16 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the powerful routing, mixing and DSP effects from your smartphone or tablet, without a computer.
- 32-bit floating point processing - The Stage-B16's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing - Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion - Add a 2nd Stage-B16 or other MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao, 112D or Monitor 8) with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking - Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Universal connectivity - Connects to your computer with high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0). Class-compliant firmware and industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
- AudioDesk - Includes AudioDesk workstation software with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
- MOTU Stage-B16 USB2/AVB Ethernet Audio Interface
- Power Cable