This is a brand new MOTU 1248 Thunderbolt Audio Interface.
The 1248 Thunderbolt™ audio interface provides industry-leading dynamic range and large console style mixing with 48 channels and 12 stereo busses. With 66 channels of audio I/O (32 ins and 34 outs), the 1248 also supports USB 2.0 audio class compliant connectivity that is USB 3.0 compatible. Powerful DSP delivers 32-bit floating point mixing and effects, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. The unit's extensive routing grid patches ins to outs, or splits inputs to multiple destinations. Use the 1248 as a stand-alone mixer and control everything from the 1248's innovative web app running on your iPad™, iPhone™, tablet, smart phone, and laptop. Connect a second MOTU AVB interface with a simple Ethernet cable. Add more I/O with the MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build an AVB audio network with multiple switches and sub-millisecond latency, even over long cable runs. Stream hundreds of channels among devices and computers on the network. From initial tracking to final mastering, the 1248 delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
- Superb audio quality — Exceptional dynamic range (123 dB on analog output) and THD+N (-110 dB).
- 66 simultaneous audio channels — 4 mic inputs, 2 guitar inputs, 8x12 balanced analog with dedicated main and monitor outs, ADAT optical and S/PDIF digital (with SRC) for 32 inputs and 34 outputs.
- Universal connectivity — Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0). USB audio class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion and audio networking — Add a 2nd MOTU interface with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
Matrix routing and splitting — Flexible, matrix-style audio routing and splitting for any analog or digital input, computer channel or network stream to any other output, computer, or network device. Split any single input to unlimited multiple output destinations.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 1248 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 1248's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
We are an authorized MOTU dealer.