Zoom H4n Pro All Black Digital Audio Recorder
Zoom H4n Pro All Black Digital Audio Recorder
4-Tracks, Unlimited Creativity
Advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and built-in cutting-edge effects make the H4n Pro the ultimate portable 4 track recorder for musicians.
A New Look on a Classic Design
Meant to travel anywhere, the H4n Pro's design is the gold standard in portable recording. Available in Classic and All Black finish.
All Black finish is available at an additional cost.
The Ultimate Handheld Recording Studio
With onboard X/Y microphones, two combo input jacks, overdubbing, effects, and more, the H4n Pro is packed with features that allow musicians to create songs from start to finish.
Take Your Live Show Home
The H4n Pro is capable of recording the loudest and heaviest performances, up to 140 dB SPL without distortion. Take a line-level* stereo feed from the mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones.
* +4dBu line-level is not supported.
Professional Grade Preamps
The H4n Pro features high performance, low-noise mic preamps with recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
USB Audio Interface
Functioning as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac, the H4n Pro enables you to record directly to your computer.
Never Miss a Take
Capture two seconds* of audio before you hit RECORD with the Pre-Record function and never miss the start of a great take.
*One second when recording at 96 kHz/sec or working 4CH mode.
The Auto-Record and Auto-Stop functions allow the H4n Pro to automatically start and stop recording according to your designated levels.
Three Recording Modes
Stereo Mode uses the built-in X/Y microphones (or external mics) and is convenient for recording live performances, acoustic instruments, and more.
4-Channel Mode records with the built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs to capture live room sound and a stereo board feed at the same time.
Multi-Track Mode turns your device into a four-track studio, with built-in effects, overdub functions, and the ability to work with previously recorded sound files.
Inputs and Outputs
The H4n Pro offers two locking XLR/TRS combo jacks, each with switchable phantom power. Additionally, there is a mic/line input via the stereo 1/8"input jack.
Monitor your performance with headphones or connect to external devices using the stereo 1/8"line output with dedicated volume control.
Choose from a variety of effects, including EQ, compression, reverb, delay, amp and cab emulators and more. Practice with an onboard metronome, tuner and looper.
Recording Time and File Formats
The H4n Pro can capture audio in both MP3 and WAV file formats.
WAV files recorded with the H4n Pro comply with BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) and include marks and creation dates. It allows for easy syncing and file organization for both musicians and filmmakers.
Record continuously for over 6 hours with just 2 AA batteries or extend your recording time indefinitely with the optional AD-17 AC adapter.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90° and 120
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Rubberized and ergonomic body with 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
- Zoom H4n Pro All Black Digital Audio Recorder
- Operation manual
- USB cable
- Protective case