Shure DFR11EQ Digital Feedback Reducer and Graphic Equalizer
This used Shure DFR11EQ Feedback Reducer and Digital Equalizer comes with a Power Cable..
The output on this unit seems to have a lot of hsis, but we might be doing something wrong as we aren't that familiar with these units. Please see pictures for details on item condition.
The Shure Model DFR11EQ is a single channel signal processor that combines a feedback reducer and graphic equalizer in a single, half-rack enclosure. The DFR11EQ is designed to be placed in a sound reinforcement signal path to automatically detect and control acoustical feedback and equalize overall sound system response. The DFR11EQ is designed for installed sound reinforcement applications: theater, conference rooms, meeting halls, etc. The DFR11EQ is also an effective setup tool for controlling major feedback modes in live music applications.
The feedback reducer of the DFR11EQ automatically inserts narrow notch filters at detected feedback frequencies. These notch filters stop a sound system from feeding back, but are narrow enough so their effect on audio quality is minimized. The feedback detection algorithm constantly searches for feedback, with or without the presence of program audio. The feedback reducer functions on its own or under external computer control.
The graphic equalizer of the DFR11EQ is made up of thirty 1/3-octave, constant Q filters and adjustable high pass and low pass filters. The graphic equalizer can be accessed via computer control with the supplied Windows* interface software.
- Adaptive Notch Filter algorithm (patent pending) which automatically detects feedback and deploys up to 10 narrow band notch filters.
- Crystal* 20-bit A/D and D/A converters (Analog-to-Digital, Digital-to-Analog) for 104 dB dynamic range.
- 48 kHz sampling rate for flat response to 20 kHz.
- 1/2 rack space chassis allows rack mounting of one or two units in a single rack space with no sagging or bending.
- Shure Link Interface allows multiple units to be programmed with a single computer.
- No internal batteries. Settings and DSP program stored in internal EEPROM chip.
- Electronically balanced input with combination 1/4-in. and XLR connector. Can be used with balanced or unbalanced outputs.
- Independently driven, cross-coupled, balanced 1/4-in. and XLR outputs. Can be used with balanced or unbalanced inputs, without signal loss.
- +4 dBu/–10 dBV DIP-switch-selectable input and output levels.
- Motorola* DSP56009 processor engine with full 24-bit internal processing.
- RS-232 interface for external computer control and firmware updates.
- Internal linear power supply switchable between 120 and 240 Vac eliminates the need for a cumbersome external power supply.
- Meets UL, CSA, VDE, and CE requirements for safety.
- Solid state bypass eliminates unreliable mechanical relays and switches.