Motu 896 MK3 Firewire Audio Interface
This used MOTU 896 MK3 Firewire Interface comes with a Firewire Cable and a Power Cable.
This unit is in good condition with normal wear from use, has been fully tested, and works great. Please see pictures for details on item condition. Only what is pictured is included.
We recommend checking with the manufacturer for the latest operating system and hardware compatibility before purchasing this item.
The MOTU 896mk3 firewire interface provides 8 channels of pristine, 24-bit/192 kHz analog recording and DSP-driven effects processing.
The 896mk3 FireWire audio interface delivers high-end performance, superb sound, innovative new features and enhanced standard features that remain unique. It provides eight channels of pristine 24-bit 192 kHz analog recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of optical digital I/O, stereo AES/EBU, S/PDIF and separate analog main outs. Expand your system by connecting the 8pre mic input expander or other MOTU audio interfaces.
The 896mk3 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 896mk3 provides 28 separate inputs and 32 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front panel headphone outs.
Adding more I/O to your 896mk3 system
As with other MOTU FireWire interfaces, the 896mk3 supplies two FireWire jacks so it can be daisy-chained with additional MOTU FireWire audio interfaces or other devices.
- Eight 24-bit XLR analog outputs
- Eight 24-bit c analog inputs equipped with XLR/TRS “combo” jacks
- Eight mic preamps (one on each input)
- Independent 48V phantom power and 20 dB pad for each mic input
- Independent front-panel trim for each input
- Two extra XLR analog main outs
- Operation on all analog I/O at standard sample rates up to 192 kHz Two banks of optical digital I/O that provide 16 channels of ADAT optical at 48 kHz, 8 channels of S/MUX optical I/O at 96 kHz or two banks of stereo TOSLINK at rates up to 96 kHz
- AES/EBU digital I/O at samples rates up to 96 kHz with sample rate conversion
- RCA S/PDIF at sample rates up to 96 kHz Word clock input and output
- On-board SMPTE synchronization via any analog input and output
- Two FireWire jacks for chaining multiple units
- Foot switch input for hands-free punch-in/out
- Two phone jacks with independent volume control
- Programmable master volume knob
- CueMix™ FX no-latency mixing, monitoring and effects processing
- Front-panel LCD programming for the mixer and all other settings
- Dedicated 10-segment LED level meters for all eight analog inputs
- Dedicated 10-segment level meters for main outs
- Programmable 10-segment LED level meters that display levels for any 8-channel input or output bank, as well as AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital I/O
- Auto-switching international power supply
- Stand-alone operation