Fender Malibu Special Acoustic-Electric Guitar, Matte Black
This used Fender Malibu Special Acoustic-Electric Guitar comes in a Matte Black finish.
At A Glance
- Case Included: No
- Actual Instrument Weight: 3.75 pounds
- Crafted in: China
- Hand Dominance: Right-Handed
This used instrument is in excellent condition with minor cosmetic wear and it plays great. This instrument has been fully inspected and passed all of our internal testing criteria. Please see pictures for details on item condition.
This guitar has been refurbished by the best refurbishing facility in the nation. Most of the instruments they refurbish come direct from the manufacturer with minor cosmetic imperfections, which are repaired as needed. If anything major was done to the guitar, it will be noted in the listing and shown in the pictures above. As part of their process, the guitar is issued a new serial number and has a small "used" stamp on the back of the head stock to prevent the guitar from being sold as new.
True creativity requires something new, something like the inspiring sound and feel of the Malibu Special. The exclusive small-body shape’s short scale gives it a slightly "slinkier" feel, encouraging you to reach for new chords and melodies. It looks as stunning as it sounds, with a fully-painted solid Sitka spruce top with painted solid mahogany sides and back, along with a matching painted 6-in-line headstock and maple binding giving it a shot of electrifying attitude. The bold style and balanced, articulate sound make the Malibu Special a natural partner on stage and in the studio.
- Fender-exclusive Malibu body shape
- Painted solid Sitka spruce top; painted solid mahogany back and sides
- Fender- and Fishman-designed pickup/preamp system
- Matching painted 6-in-line headstock
- Mahogany neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile, pau ferro fingerboard and bridge
- HEADSTOCK: Jazzmaster®
- NECK MATERIAL: Mahogany
- NECK FINISH: Satin Urethane
- NECK SHAPE: Slim "C"
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 15.75" (400 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Pau Ferro
- POSITION INLAYS: Maple Dots
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- STRING NUT: Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.69" (43 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- BODY: Solid Sitka Spruce Top with Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- BODY FINISH: Satin
- BODY SHAPE: Malibu
- BODY TOP: Solid Spruce
- BODY BINDING: Maple
- BODY BACK: Solid Mahogany
- BODY SIDES: Solid Mahogany
- BODY STYLE: Malibu
- BODY MATERIAL: Solid Sitka Spruce Top with Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- CUTAWAY: No
- BRACING: Quartersawn Scalloped "X"
- WAIST: 8.375" (212.7mm)
- ROSETTE: Maple
- SOUND HOLE: 95mm Diameter Soundhole
- BRIDGE: Modern Viking
- BRIDGE PINS: Ebony with Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: None
- HARDWARE FINISH: Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Sealed Nickel
- STRAP BUTTONS: Standard Chrome
- CONTROLS: Volume, Bass, Treble, with Tuner and Phase Controls