Fender Malibu Classic Acoustic-Electric Guitar, Aged Cognac Burst with Gig Bag
This is a used Fender Malibu Classic Acoustic-Electric Guitar comes in an Aged Cognac Burst finish and includes a Gig Bag.
At A Glance
- Case Included: Yes
- Actual Instrument Weight: 4 pounds
- Crafted in: China
- Hand Dominance: Right-Handed
This used instrument is in excellent condition with minor cosmetic wear and it plays great. This instrument has been fully inspected and passed all of our internal testing criteria. Please see pictures for details on item condition.
This guitar has been refurbished by the best refurbishing facility in the nation. Most of the instruments they refurbish come direct from the manufacturer with minor cosmetic imperfections, which are repaired as needed. If anything major was done to the guitar, it will be noted in the listing and shown in the pictures above. As part of their process, the guitar is issued a new serial number and has a small "used" stamp on the back of the head stock to prevent the guitar from being sold as new.
Disrupt the status quo with the Malibu Classic, a small-body, short scale acoustic-electric with a comfortable feel that will encourage you to reach for new chords and melodies. Featuring a solid spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, the bold style and balanced, articulate sound make the Malibu Classic a natural partner on stage and in the studio. Suitable for any playing style, the mahogany neck features a comfortable, slim-taper "C"-shaped profile, inspired by Fender’s electric legacy. It also includes a premium Fender- and Fishman®-designed preamp system voiced specifically for the Malibu’s body shape, allowing you to reproduce the guitar’s natural sound when plugged into an amplifier.
The Malibu Classic’s no-compromise attitude extends to its build quality, featuring quartersawn scalloped X bracing for superior resonance, an upgraded bone nut and saddle, and a tilt-back headstock for enhanced sustain. Sleek maple binding, matching maple rosette, and a 6-in-line headstock punch up the Malibu’s quintessential Fender vibe. With superb playability and unique aesthetics, the Malibu Classic resonates with those destined to stand out from the crowd.
- Fender-exclusive Malibu body shape
- Solid spruce top; solid mahogany back and sides
- Fender-exclusive Fishman pickup/preamp system
- Mahogany neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile; pau ferro fingerboard and bridge
- Tilt-back 6-in-line headstock
- HEADSTOCK: Jazzmaster®
- NECK MATERIAL: Mahogany
- NECK FINISH: Satin Urethane
- NECK SHAPE: Slim "C"
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 15.75" (400 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Pau Ferro
- POSITION INLAYS: Maple Dots
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- STRING NUT: Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.69" (43 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- BODY FINISH: Gloss Poly
- BODY SHAPE: Malibu
- BODY TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- BODY BINDING: Maple
- BODY BACK: Solid Mahogany
- BODY SIDES: Solid Mahogany
- BODY STYLE: Malibu
- BODY MATERIAL: Solid Sitka Spruce Top with Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- CUTAWAY: No
- WAIST: 8.375" (212.7mm)
- ROSETTE: Single Ring B/W/B
- SOUND HOLE: Maple Bound
- BRIDGE: Modern Viking
- BRIDGE PINS: Ebony with Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: None
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel
- TUNING MACHINES: Sealed Nickel
- CONTROLS: Volume, Bass, Treble, with Tuner and Phase Controls
- Fender Malibu Classic Acoustic-Electric Guitar, Aged Cognac Burst
- Deluxe Gig Bag