Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator - CL1
Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator is an easy to use, compact solution for common audio problems faced in the field and in the studio. Designed for all passive microphones - including ribbons- the CL-1 safely uses any standard phantom powered microphone input device to provide up to +25db of ultra-clean, transparent gain.
Cloudlifters dramatically improve the performance of passive microphone signals by driving stronger, cleaner signals over longer XLR cable runs, making them ideal for broadcast, live, and studio applications. Enclosed in a rugged steel enclosure offering excellent shielding, the CL-1 additionally has provisions for stage or stand mounting with the included strap.
Using patent pending technology that keeps the direct audio path free-and-clear of transformers, capacitors, and resistors, the CL-1 houses discrete JFET circuitry that delivers world class, ultra-clean gain while preserving the natural sonic characteristics of the source.
Cloudlifters are recommended for improving the signal to noise ratio and performance of passive microphone/preamp combinations with the following:
- Recording direct into a DAW interface
- noisy or low gain preamps
- mixers/preamps that negatively impact the sound at higher gain setting
- passive ribbon microphones
- low-output dynamic microphones
- miking softer sound sources such as acoustic instruments and voice
- long cable runs (output)
- Gives passive mics up to +25dB additional active output
- Provides 2 distinct stages of ultra-clean gain
- Easy to use self contained design requires only phantom power
- Recommended for use with all passive dynamic microphones
- Compatible with tube, battery, or power supply driven microphones
- Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Utilizes Patent Pending Class A, Discrete JFET circuitry
- Ideal impedance loading for optimal performance @3Kohms
- Rugged, road ready and portable, for studio, stage and broadcasting
- Free lifetime limited warranty for parts and labor, with registration
- Handcrafted entirely in the USA